Saturday, March 31, 2012

Feeling Blessed

I have to say that I thought this week was going to be a heck of a lot worse that it has been. Upon telling others I was going to have surgery on my nose to breathe and getting my tonsils out I received waves of HORROR stories that was assumingly (I know that's not a word but it sounds good) going to happen to me. But I was so excited to get it done that I didn't care, I was going to stay positive and if it got bad enough I even thought of things to say to myself to remember how much I really want the outcome and to stay positive. My goal was to not say ONE bad thing or complain. What a difference it made! Even after almost throwing up and passing out from a Hypoglycemic attack after I was all hooked up and ready to go it was THE BEST surgical experience I have ever had. Every person listened to my needs and the doc even came in to see what music I liked to jam up the session before I fell asleep. Chicago. Every one seriously was so fun and in such a good mood. In 4 years of marriage our family has had a surgery every year. 3 of them mine. So needless to say I know my way around. But I prayed for the doctors to have spiritual guidance and I don't think my pray came unanswered. I have been able to talk ever since I got out of surgery and I haven't had any pain except for when I swallow and even then it really isn't bad at all. It is way less painful then the sore throats I used to go to sleep with and wake up to every day. My nose is slightly swollen but I have been able to breathe out of it the whole time with out discomfort. Weight loss is an average 7lbs, I gained 2. So much for that! ;) I actually was hoping to loss a little weight since alan and I have a bet and it would of helped me reach my goal a lot quicker!
Needless to say I am SO happy I did this surgery and how it has all planned out. I am truly blessed
PS my husband is absolutely AMAZING!!! He has been working from home, cleaning, taking care of little M and me with out any complaints, just a lot of love. I couldn't ask for anything better.

1 comment:

Misty said...

This is so awesome, Aleca! I know that a positive attitude can make all of the difference. You go, girl!