Saturday, June 30, 2012

Update from last Post

Sorry I haven't written in a while, its been quite the ride. I had another surgery to find out what the poo was going on with my uterus and hopefully fix it. I was really hoping that from my tubal pregnancy and the c-section that scar tissue had formed and they would be able to separate it from the uterus and I would be good to go. But that wasn't the case at all. I have whats called a Unicornian Uterus. Again rare. Which means I only have half a uterus. Awesome. The reason why they thought that I had a right side to it that they couldn't see was because of the tubal pregnancy on that side... Picture half of a uterus with a messed up right fallopian tube in a really weird spot and that's what I've got. So the Doc went in to talk to Alan while I was in surgery to tell him what was going on and options on what to do next. They could leave the tube and risk another ectopic pregnancy or clip it and have less eggs to work with because I wont be able to ovulate from that side. Since the last ectopic almost cost me my life they clipped it. Thank goodness they did. I really DON'T want to go through that again. It was emotional in soooo many ways. So now we have to wait for 6 months and go back in to see what our next plan is. They don't want to put me on Clomid right now because if I had twins I have no room for them and most likely they will only last 20 weeks and either not make it or be in NICU for a very long time. That makes it really hard for me to know what to do. As a mom you don't want to cause ANY pain to your baby. And knowing that is a high possibility is hard for me to say it is worth it. Next would be IVF. And it is intense! I am not a strong person I will admit that. Its not a simple retrieval and implant. So then after that would be adoption. A lot to decide. Poor little M may not have a sibling for a really long time but it will happen. He really needs a little brother or sister.
For the next 6 months we are on our own. I hope and pray that we can have another baby with out the help of doctors.

3 comments:

The 3 of Us said...

You are to strong :) look at all you have been through and what you are still dealing with! You are AMAZING to say the least! We will be praying for you and your family!

Alicia said...

So sorry, Aleca. It's the worst feeling in the world to know your family is missing someone and not be able to do anything about it. I wish you luck. No matter how your children come to you, it will be worth it . . . you will love them and be the best mom for them. And if you decide to look into adoption, let me know, I would love to help you get started :)

Budding Home said...

i'm so sorry that you guys have to go through all of this. IVF sounds like no fun and to be honest even clomid is no fun! I wish you the best of luck in the up coming months and hopefully y'all will get a miracle baby in the mean time!