Thursday, March 1, 2012

I Need Some Motivation Here

The list of goals that I have on the side are more just for me to remember to keep doing them. Well they are supposed to anyway. If my goals could talk I wonder what they would be yelling at me... "Stop waiting until the end of the month!" or "Remember we talked about this, being consistent?" or "I think you missed one last week!" hmmmm yea, this is a lot harder then I thought. BUT I'm doing it. The hardest one for me is Family Home Evening. We are with each other every night so you would think I could remember this simple task once a week, WRONG (does that word look weird to you the longer you stare at it?). I think I've done it a possible 3 times. 3 times more than last year! So that's good right?
Well so far this year I have read my scriptures every night but twice (trust me I felt uber guilty) and I just finished Alma. Hurray! I have to pat myself on the back for this one, I've never read it so fast. Alan and I have gone to the temple each month and plan on doing some thing different each week which makes it even more enjoyable to get the full temple experience. And I believe I have so far successfully written a post at least once a week. Now lets just see if I can keep this all up!
As for not so uplifting goals, fitting into smaller jeans.... I wish I could say that I'm working on it but lets be real. I have zero motivation for some crazy reason. I'm in the same jeans before I had mason, I actually never changed even while I was prego. I just want to be at that happy medium from when we got married to now. I see the quote all the time, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". I worked for about a day and then peeps came out in the stores and I was ruined. I can eat a whole box in one sitting after they have sat opened for about a week to get a little hard. oh yummy goodness. On a good note, I found a website that gives you a different work out to do every day. I CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

Misty said...

Any progress you make is better than you were doing before, right? :) It always seems to help me to blog about my goals, I guess it makes me feel more accountable or something. Good luck!

Nikol Larsen said...

An easy and good way to do FHE is to use the "Behold your little ones" manual. This is what I do for FHE. It has usually been just me for FHE because Mat has been working. It's simple and all in the family benefit. It's hard to get in the routine, but we have found that Sundays are easier than Mondays. You are already in the Sunday mood, and then we have Monday fun family nights and do games. Just an idea. You can do it!