Monday, January 2, 2012

This Time Around

So I've made some goals for our family that will hopefully bring us all closer together spiritually and emotionally. I also made some goals for myself. I'm pretty amazing at starting things that I want to try or do but I'm never good at finishing it or even keeping it going (lets be honest). I want to make a chart on the side that has my list of goals that can be seen so I can keep it updated and view it to be reminded so I'll have to see about that later.... (I swear I will look and see if I can).
Family Goals:
Every Monday we have Family Home Evening-we started tonight and I'm sure little M had no idea what was going on but that's OK

Alan and I go to the Temple every month-now that we have a live in baby sitter we have NO excuses

Alan and I do our Home/Visiting teaching every month- I never got called in our ward to be one and its been a year and I felt it was time to go ask to be one. So far so good! I have great girls that I get to go see

We pray and read scriptures as a family every night- We do this anyway but I want to keep it up

Goals for Myself:

Update this blog once a week-crazy I know compared to what I have been doing in the past but I can do it!!!

Complete the Book of Mormon better than I did last- It took me 8 months last go round and I know I can remember the stories better if I read it like a novel like my late gma told me to do. (she would read the ENTIRE triple combination in a month!)

Be more patient-I've been working on this for a while and I can already see a big difference especially with my son.

Fit into smaller jeans-I've been able to fit into my pre baby jeans since I left the hospital but I could go smaller but my legs are just to big lol so they need to do some shrinking

Finish what I start- self explained

So now that you all know my goals you all better kick my butt if I fall out of routine! Especially because I never finish what I start! it takes a village to raise a family, well for me its going to take you guys to help finish my goals. Don't be afraid to tell me if I'm doing a crappy job, just do it!
Love you all and I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New years!

3 comments:

Misty said...

You can do it! :)

Tia said...

Aleca, I love it. You're adorable. Keep it up! Love You!

Meg said...

Did you really say you have big legs? I kind of hate you for that :) Good luck!!