Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Skills


I just want to shout out to all my friends that happen to have skills to sew. You are so blessed! I see all of these great things that you lovely ladies are putting together and making and everything turns out beautiful. Mostly it is for little girly things for their daughters...bows, dresses, flowers, blankets... I'm just amazed at all of the many great things you all can do. I love seeing the new idea's you have and I love to see the turn out of what ever it is you make. I do have a sewing machine but no idea how to even thread the thing. Its sits on my floor starring at me wanting to get used by my unskillful hands (and foot) to make some thing from a awesome piece of fabric to a hideous masterpiece. I don't know a single term or what you can do other than a straight stitch. So a square is about as creative as I can get, if I don't go over the edge. So again I'm very proud to see it is possible, how? I have no idea. But it can be done! :)
So if any of you out there can help my simple mind of sewing techniques I would love to TRY and make some thing from a piece of fabric. any thing simple to start and if there are any terms I need to know, that would be greatly appreciated!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!
You'll have sewing skills, sis?
Amazing!
I want to have that kind of skills. Actually my mom is great at sewing!

LaCee Clayburn said...

:), You can make your little guy a "Taggy", they're way, way easy! And...it's a square! LOL :). Let me know if you want a Tutorial, I can put one together for you, they're way fun and cute and my little Roo absolutely loves his.

Eileen Rose said...

Bean bags are a fun, easy way to learn sewing skills. Alan could make you a bunny rabbit target and you could make squares or any other shape you wanted.

The Larsen's said...

I can help you out if you want. My mom gave me a sewing machine a few years back for Christmas and it has come in handy. If you want help give me a ring and I will be there.