Thursday, January 15, 2009

Bun in the Oven

Alan and I went to North Carolina over Christmas break for 15 days. The day after Christmas I was having cramps but yet nothing was happening. I didn't want to have Alan go and get a preggo test because I wanted to suprise him since he is the one begging for a baby he he. But with out telling one of his family memebers which might of ended up spredding I decided to ask Alan anyway. He didn't wait 1 minute before grabbing keys and saying he was going on an "ice cream" run. So everyone told him what they wanted and he was off!
I peed on the sticks since one just wasn't enough to convince me, and called my friend/cousin Desi to tell her first :) meanwhile poor Alan is banging on the door begging to let him in and tell him the results! I finally gave in and put on a normal face and let him in and handed him the stick telling him his future. He froze. Didn't even move. Not what I was expecting! After the antagonizing wait he put a huge grin on his face and said, "what do we do now?" ha ha ha
I have passed the mark from my last pregnancy and every thing is going good so far, I'm sick 24/7 but haven't barfed yet. I get up and I am instintly light headed and have to sit back down. I also feel like I can't catch my breath. I feel like i ran a 5k after 5 steps. But I sleep like a baby. All in all I hear a baby is worth it so I'm going to trust that :)
I made an appointment for the 26th! I'll give you updates!

10 comments:

The Larsen's said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so excited for you and Alan. When are you due? Yeah!! Can't wait to hear more good news.

Blair and Cindy said...

Yea!!! Congrats! Let me know how things are going! And let me know if there is anything you need!

Shannon said...

Yay! That's so great. We are so happy for you two!.

Mandy said...

That is fantastic!! Congrats! Hopefully you will get over the sickness soon.

Amber said...

YEAH!
So excited for you!

Sandra said...

Congratulation. We are so happy for both of you. Aleca you'll be a great mom.

Floridians back to Utahns! said...

Congrats. It is so true that the baby is all worth it. I was sick for the first 4 and a half months and I would do it ALL over again to have my little guy. Good luck!!

Colleen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is such a cute story! I'm so excited for you two! You'll make GREAT parents!!

Wendi said...

Vitamin B6 every day for the first trimester. Works like a charm. And if you still don't feel good add Unisom. It did wonders for me. I hope it does for you. Good Luck.
-Wendi Richards Johansen

Lara Family said...

I can't wait to hear the news from your dr. appoinment. Congratulations!