Friday, February 10, 2012

Getting Ready For...




VALENTINES DAY!!! I love this holiday mostly for decorating possibilities. So here was mine and my great friend Cindy's fun project for this year (thanks Cindy!!!). I only had one of the middle hearts so I made due with the second wreath. I still think it turned out loverly.
Wreath= piping insulation cut in half and duck taped ($1.68 for 2)
3 different fabrics (valentines is 50% off)
2 different tulle's ($.80 a yard)
2 different burlap ($2.00 for one (I think))
1 heart (4 for a dollar)
buttons for flowers ($3.00)
white paint
mod podge
cricut machine for tags
rosettes - click here, instead of hot gluing the center I just tied a knot and hot glued the end piece to to bottom instead of using felt.
I had zero directions for this so I made it up as I went. I bought 1/2 a yard for all the different fabrics (gives you enough to make two wreaths except for the tulle) and cut each piece 1 3/4 inches wide and 18 inches long. After a while you just eye it and some are a little bigger than others but no one really notices. Everything else is pretty self explanatory if you want to copy. It ended up costing me less than $10 a wreath. Let me know if you have any questions!

2 comments:

Misty said...

I think it is SO cute!

Jenny said...

I LOVE this!! I'm totally making one! For Valentine's, St Patty's Day, Easter, spring, 4th of July (presidents' Day..etc;), *DING!* BIRTHDAYS!!..(set it out for each family members' b-day!;), Halloween, Thanksgiving/fall, Christmas, winter/snowflakes, & New Year. I think that pretty much covers wreaths for all the seasons and holidays! Lol! Andddd sounds like I'll be busy! Hehe Thanx again! How fun... :D